Saturday, August 29, 2009

Calorie Overload

Because Matt's unit was having the family briefing on saturday he got the weekend off so I headed up to San Diego thursday night to stay with him for a few days. On saturday we headed over to the briefing, this is where all the family members of the marines getting deployed go listen to all the services that are avialble while they are deployed and they give you information about what they know about the deployment area that they're going to (at least what they can release). It's helpful information but it's because there is so much information it is very long we were there for 4 hours.
Well since we were also just hanging out and chilling that weekend we decided to go to Chili's for dinner. Matt and I love Chili's and when we go there we almost always get the same thing which is the tripple dipper and the three items we choose are the boneless buffalo wings, the boneless shanghai wings, and the southwestern egg rolls with dipping sauces. So our dinners come and they were great as usual and after we finished eating we were waiting on our waiter so we could get the check and I noticed on the table was this pamphlet that contained the nutritional value of all the food items at Chili's. I of course decided to look up what we had just eaten and both of us almost fell out of our chairs when we saw the amount of calories in our food. The boneless buffalo wings contain 740 calories, the boneless shanghai wings had 760 calories and for all 4 southwestern egg rolls those had 920 calories. If you were to eat everything it is a total of 2420 calories and we had eaten about half so in one meal we had consumed our entire calorie count for the day in one sitting. Needless to say we will not be dining out all that often and Matt has said he will not eat that meal again knowing how fattening it is guess we'll have to wait and see if he really follows through with that. So the rest of the weekend we just chilled and watched some football on tv since the Raiders were playing New Orleans and even though we had a good time being with each other the game was not that great and the Raiders ended up losing.

Matt and I before the briefing
Paperwork from the briefing
Matt and I watching a football game
Raiders were on tv
The fattening Chili's food

2 comments:

  1. That is SO many calories. I think you've helped me see the light and I will not be eating that again either! And I LOVE that meal as well!! I will have to tell Jeramie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah we couldn't believe it. I will still eat the meal though we just won't be going out and eating it a lot but it will be a nice treat everyonce in awhile

    ReplyDelete