Saturday, March 10, 2012

Blue Angels Air Show

Every year the El Centro Navy Base presents the annual Blue Angels air show. El Centro is the winter home of the Blue Angels, their summer home is Pensacola FL. This air show is the end of their training program and is the beginning of their show season, so I decided to take Chloe and check it out. This is the first time in 3 years that I have actually attended the show. There are 2 ways in which you can watch the show you can either go on base and watch it, which if you go on base there are several other military flight demonstrations and civilian performances. They also have a wide variety of field exhibits and hands-on displays which include vintage as well as state-of-the air military static aircraft, historical displays and exhibits presented by military and aviation enthusiasts. The other way to watch the show is from any canal road along the military base. Either way you get a clear shot of the show and you don't have the crowds that come with being on the base. Since Chloe is so little I decided just to do the second option and watch the show from a canal road.

The show was amazing. It's crazy to watch these guys perform and to see the perfect timing they have with each other. I cannot imagine the hours they put into getting everything perfectly timed but of course it looks awesome to watch. Chloe was not really into it she cared more about eating her snacks then watching the jets which I expected so I wasn't upset. Next year I plan on taking her on to the base so she can see the jets up close and experience more of the event.







No comments:

Post a Comment