Saturday, February 25, 2012

Farmer's Market

Today our city had a farmer's market day. This is a day where they not only sell fresh produce but they have tons of booths, a tri tip cook off, treats, music, dancing, and some activities for the kids. My friend Miranda met me at my house since we are a block away from the park and we walked on over. Once we were there we met up with our friend Candy and her kids. The older kids started off by going in the bounce house and jumper slide while we started to check out some of the dancing. It was quite cute the little girls did some Hawaiian themed dances and there were some boys that light the sticks on fire and dance with those.

After watching a few of the shows we headed over to have some tri tip lunch which was really good and we listened to the band while we ate. Then we walked around and checked out the booths. They had several things and a highlight was the pies from Julian. If I liked fruit pie I would have picked one up but I don't really care for them. We of course checked out the produce that was for sale and stopped to get some kettle corn. Chloe loved watching the kettle corn getting scooped up and put into the bag and she was licking her lips like she wanted some but a little too young maybe the next time.

The other treat that I of course had to get was some shaved ice. They had a new flavor called butterbeer so I decided to try this out and boy let me tell you it was yummy in fact I would have to say one of my favorites. I can tell you that when we head to the fair here soon I will definitely have to get another one of those. There was also a hula hoop booth so I tested out my abilities just to see how good I am and I can still rock the hula hoop I could do that for awhile and it's just so much fun.

We spent a few hours over there just checking things out relaxing and enjoying the entertainment. It was a nice 80 degrees outside and was such a wonderful day. Soon the fair will be here so I am excited to get out and do that next.

Chloe before we headed over
Some of the booths
More booths
The band
The boys dancing with the sticks on fire

Some of the produce
Booths including the Julian pies
More booths
Kettle Corn
Chloe loved watching the Kettle Corn
Getting bagged up
Butterbeer Shaved Ice so Yummy
Chloe crashed after her long day out

1 comment:

  1. So glad she's feeling better. It's so strange she looks so much bigger to me than Oliver, but then not as old in the face. It's strange. I guess it just goes to show how hard it is to really tell just in pictures.

    ReplyDelete